Monday 17 October 2011

"O perfect love, my song shall ever be: 'I am found in Jesus'"

Sometimes I feel disconnected. Like I don't know who I am, and whoever 'I' am, I don't feel like them. I say 'Sophie Ellis' in my head and it scares me that that doesn't feel like me. A lot of the time I feel lost. And I don't know how to find myself again; how to get back to feeling 'right' again. Or even just the normal kind- I need to 'find myself', something that many people travel the world to do. I think not knowing who you are and needing to find out who you are is something that most people feel.
I keep looking in the wrong places. Why do I keep looking for myself in things that don't define me? That I don't want to define me?

I am found in Jesus. I need to remember to look for myself there. Who I am and everything about me is found there, and there alone. I can't find the answers anywhere else.

So why am I still looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment