Saturday 27 August 2011

A short, musical decline into self-pity

I am going to attempt to learn how to play 'Hang You Up' by Yellowcard on the guitar. Not that newsworthy at first glance. However, I am attempting to do so: a) not being able to play the guitar, b) on my sister's old, out of tune guitar, c) for the CU acoustic night on the 28th September. I think I may fail...
I really wish I  could play the guitar. To be able to just play a song that says what I want to say would be amazing. I really hate the thought of having to rely on other people to accompany me whilst I sing said song, it makes it feel less personal. I doubt I have the patience to teach myself, however as none of my guitar-playing friends seem to be willing to teach me (minus Rachel- cheers! It was fun :) ) I will try.

At some point in my life (hopefully soon) I will learn the guitar. Then maybe I'll feel less inadequate around musically-talented/ taught people. Maybe I'd be worthy enough to be in SD. *sigh* now I'm declining into self-pity. I WILL LEARN TO PLAY THE GUITAR. I WILL. Whether I can do so in time for the acoustic night is yet to be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment